The Ausangate is 6380 meters above sea level the fifth highest peak in all of Peru, for the peasant communities is the so-called “Cusco Roof” and a sacred Apu, which takes care of its inhabitants. For travelers who do not have time for the complete trekking around that sacred mountain of 5 to 6 days, we recommend visiting the mountain Vinicunca, which is the “little sister” of Ausangate. The colorful geomorphology and mineralogy of the Vinicunca rocks are extraordinary, therefore it is also known as the “Mountain of 7 colors” or Rainbow Mountain …. in fact its Quechua name, Vinicunca, means “hill of colors”.
Basic information :
- Place: Districts of Pitumarca and Cusipata, Provinces of Canchis and Quispicanchi, Cusco –
- Peru Duration: 1 day
- Difficulty: difficult and exhausting (height and ascent / descent)
- Daily service in private service or pool
- Available in Spanish and English (other languages on request)
It includes :
- Transportation Cusco – Hanchipata – Quesuyuno – Cusco
- Professional guide in Spanish and / or English (other languages on request)
- 1 breakfast and 1 lunch with mate
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain (checkpoint “Punta Carretera”)
- First Aid Kit with oxygen cylinder (8 liters)
Does NOT include :
- Drinks (recommended to buy) and personal snacks
- Personal expenses (tip, purchase of souvenirs etc.)
|Precio||For 1 person, For 10 people, For 2 people, For 3 people, For 4 people, For 5 people, For 6 people, For 7 people, For 8 people, For 9 people, Shared service|
05:00 / 03:00
Pick up at your hotel in Cusco and departure until the Checacupe area in the south direction (in private service the pick up is at 05:00 am or at the hour of your choice, in pool / shared service it’s early, around 03:00 am)
08:20 / 06:20
Arrival at the Hanchipata community , where we will have our breakfast.
09:00 / 07:00
We will start our hiking close from Hanchipata, in Quesuyuno, where there is a small checkpoint on the way to Vinicunca (the entrance fee is include on this package).
09:20 / 07:20
We will walk around
12:30 / 10:30
From the bottom of the Rainbow Mountain we will have only 400 meters until arrive to the top (the altitude in around 5100 meters above sea level), but this meters are the harder and a steep climb.
13:00 / 11:00
We arrived ! In the Vinicunca crest we will have enough time to enjoy the wonderful view and/or take pictures.
11:30 / 13:30
Later we will set out on way back until the Hanchipata community, where we will arrive around 14:00 / 16:00. We will have lunch to gather strength.
15:00 / 17:00
We will return by bus from Pitumarca to Cusco, where we will arrive around 18:00 / 20:00.