- Place: Huayopata, Huacayupana and Santa Teresa in the Cusco region
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Available in Spanish and English (other languages on request)
- Difficulty: easy to intermediate
- Height: 1500 to 4300 meters above sea level
- Daily service with professional guides
- Guide during the tour, in Spanish and / or English
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- All public transport
- 2 overnight stays in families in Huayopata and Huacayupana
Does NOT include :
- Entrance to the Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo, approx. S / .10 p.pers.
- Personal expenses (personal drinks and snacks, tips, souvenirs, etc.)
- Lunch at the Hydroelectric station, approx. S / .15 p.p. and another additional feed
- Taxis or additional means of transport from Huayopata at the beginning of the trail (S / .40 – S / .70) on the third day and from Santa Teresa to Hidroeléctrica
- Zipline : The additional cost is USD 60 p. pers (which still does not include additional expenses for transportation).
|Precio||For 1 person, For 10 people, For 2 people, For 3 people, For 4 people, For 5 people, For 6 people, For 7 people, For 8 people, For 9 people, Shared service|
Pick up from the hotel in Cusco and departure to the bus station. Departure from Cusco to Huayopata , passing through Abra Málaga , located at 4300 meters above sea level in spectacular scenery
Arrival in Huayopata (1500 meters above sea level) and lunch at the house of Julia and her family
We will know the farm of Julia and José . We will learn about the coffee preparation process with one of the best specialists in Peru: from harvesting the beans to your own cup of coffee. There are also many exotic fruits to try.
Dinner and time to share with Julia and José. Overnight in Julia’s basic but comfortable accommodation.
Breakfast with Julia’s family in Huayopata.
Moment to say goodbye to our new friends. We will take the transport to the beginning of the trail (not included). Here we usually follow a beautiful walk from 2 to 2.5 hours , but if you have vertigo there is the possibility of a short walk of approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes
We will arrive at the house of Alejandro and his family, in Huacayupana (1800 meters above sea level), where Alejandro and his family will prepare a delicious lunch.
In the afternoon, there is the option of learning more about coffee and the work of coffee farmers in the area, such as Alejandro and his family or walking around observe the natural beauty.
Dinner and overnight in Alejandro’s basic but comfortable accommodation.
Breakfast in Alejandro’s family and goodbye from him and his family.
We will walk to Santa Teresa (about 4 hours of walking). If the level of the river allows it we will walk by the beautiful and risky footpath on the edge of the river; but we will just follow the normal route or take a taxi in case you do not want to walk (please also pay the ticket for your guide in this case).
Once we get to the beautiful Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo (10 minutes before Santa Teresa), we will have the opportunity to enjoy one of the 3 thermal pools or just enjoy the sun. For lovers of adrenaline, it is also possible to enjoy a zipline / zipline experience (optional). This adventure can take place only 20-25 minutes from Santa Teresa. Finally, we will take public transport to the “Hidroeléctrica” train station.
Arriving at Hydroelectric , we will have lunch (not included) and then we will continue to Aguas Calientes on foot along the railway (2.5 to 3.5 hours). If you want you can choose to go by train (approx 45 minutes). You can only buy and pay the ticket in American Dollars (!) Directly at the train station.
Connection with your visit to Machu Picchu or return to Cusco (at your own expense, with great pleasure) we help you with the return options.
OPTIONAL: – Overnight in Aguas Calientes and entrance to Machu Picchu (not included) .- Those who want to walk more can meet 3 families on a 4d / 3n tour . We walk to Enrique’s house in Lucmabamba (2100 m above sea level).